Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cute Little Step Stool

On Wednesday, I awoke in the mood to do some antiquing and thrifting.  There is a great antique mall about 25 miles from home that I have only been to one other time, so I decided I would go have another look around.  They had lots of goodies, but this little step stool caught my eye.  After all, it's turquoise, my new favorite color.  It's a little rough around the edges, but just the cutest thing!!



I placed it in the sun room, and am using it to hold some of my plants.  


This shows how it is made on the sides.  The very bottom at the floor is worn, but that adds character. 


I think it is precious!  Love the little bird peeping out from the bottom step.  



Y'all know how I like stools and finding this little step stool, just made my day! Best part.....$12.00!!  Score!


Nearby are 2 other stools, stacked and holding plants.  When the weather warms and I can move the plants outside, it's going to be so much fun figuring out other ways to use these.  Since I now have three stools, I suppose it's a 'new' collection!  Just what I need. :)

Please join me at these fun parties:

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove