Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quick Paint Project


When I first started my blog, everyone was making cake stands/pedestals from cheese trays and candle sticks, so I made some too.  I made this one from items bought at GW.  


I glued the two pieces together, and spray painted it with Oil Rubbed Bronze.

I'd been thinking about changing the color.  This afternoon seemed like the perfect time to update it.  I painted it with Folk Art Sky Blue Arts/Crafts paint.

I wasn't going for perfect, just coverage.

When dry, I of course stenciled my favorite Fleur De Lis on it.


I have the dome that goes with this, but have to locate it.  I cleaned out the cabinets recently, so heaven knows where I put it.  



Here it is with other aqua pieces.  


I like it better in this fresh color.  This was a very quick, easy update that didn't cost a dime.  Now to find the dome.  

Back later:  dome found!!  Yay!!!

Kinda cute!

Come join in the fun at:

Adsense Ad