Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Vignette for Armoire

We arrived at the lake house to find it rather cool here.  Normally it is at least 20 degrees warmer than at our full time home in the mountains.  I decided this would not stop me from adding a little Spring to the decor.  

We recently moved an entertainment armoire from our mountain home to the lake which gives me another flat surface to decorate!! Whoo-hoo!!!! 



The picture above is the one that was hanging above the armoire.  Pretty, but it looks dark and I am ready for a change.  Answer: Shop the house for items for a Spring vignette!

I switched the picture with this one from one of the guest rooms.  


To update the arrangement below, I covered the vase with black/white contact paper so it would look better with the picture.

Original vase

Vase, updated

 Complete vignette

Finial (From a gift shop)
Bird (Dollar General)
Floral arrangement (church yard sale, $1.00)
Picture (Kirklands)
Clock (belonged to MIL)
Doily (crocheted by me)
Cost of update:  $0

I will be linking to these parties: