Favorite Lamps

The theme for Favorites on the First at the Polohouse for this month is "Favorite Lamps".  What fun!  I'm a lamp lover from way back and have quite the collection!!  


This vintage lamp belonged to my MIL.  

The lamp below has a burgundy shade.  I made this cover so it would better match the vignette.

The lamp below was only six dollars!

I really like this French lampshade. The lamp was bought at consignment.

The lamp below was also a consignment find that I updated with pewter Rub 'n Buff, and gave a new shade.

I believe the lamp below was popular in the seventies and eighties.  It is one that my husband had when we married.

Love my white rooster lamp.  

I made the lampshade cover above from burlap and eyelet.  It covers a toile lampshade.  I can change it to fit my mood.  This is probably my favorite!!

This old pharmacy lamp also belonged to my husband.

I love the soft warmth that lamps add to our home.  

Be sure to drop in to the party at the Polohouse!  


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...