Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More Bargains and Altered Bottles

I promised I would show you what I bought at Hobby Lobby on my little shopping spree the other day.  

I really like the altered bottles showing up in blogs and on Pinterest and have made a few of my own. Granted,  I would rather have vintage bottles, but the prices on some of those are just outrageous.  I got two bottles at HL for $1.49 each.  (1/2 price sale)  Here are some of the bottles I have recently altered.



All I did was tie raffia around the neck, and attach this key I also bought there ($1.99)


The green bottle was also $1.49, and the key on it is the key to my late husband's mother's home.  Jute string is wrapped around the neck of the green bottle to hold the key.



The pink bird (holds a tea light) was considered "Easter", and was only 80 cents.  It was originally $7.99.  That's 90% off.  If I had seen more of these, I would have bought several colors at that price. 


This decorative hook was 1/2 price, originally $14.99, for $7.50.  I hung it on my old distressed door.



The French ribbon (label) on this bottle is a piece of a roll of ribbon I bought at the sale price of $3.99, originally $7.99.

I picked up crafting supplies too, raffia, mod podge, etc.



I used all my treasures to redecorate the bookcase seen as you come in the front door.  It's all decked out for Spring.







I need to stop shopping now for a while!!  
I will be on the look out for more bottles though, hopefully, vintage at a good price.  We'll see!

Sharing today with:

Home Wednesdays @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
 Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring Wednesday

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party on Thursdays
 A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday