Tote Makeover

I knew I couldn't wait very long to get rid of the dark green on the wonderful tote I bought on Saturday.  I got out my Lowe's sample paints and got to work  changing it.  


BEFORE


AFTER
I painted lightly over the green with a creamy white.  I then painted inside the sections with a misty green color as shown below.  Again, I didn't try for perfection because I want it to show its vintage look.  I sanded it lightly in places, and added Annie Sloan Dark Wax in spots and wiped it down. 



Here's the little metal tag I bought at the same store.  It was only $3.50.
(It's not staying on the tote)
Look at that big knot hole.  Love that!!
I like it better in white, than the dark green.


If you look closely, you will see I caught the "blue" hour in this photo below.









I just had to cover the green, so this will be fine now, though I may add graphics at some point.  I like it better on the solid runner too.

Which color do you like best for the tote?  Dark green or white?  I think it is more versatile painted white.  I'm going to have so much fun with this!

Joining:

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple

Cowgirl Up Tuesdays@ Cedar Hill Ranch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays @ Our Delightful Home

Tuesday’s Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co.

Popular Posts