Friday, May 17, 2013

Romancing the Home

My decorating style tends to be more traditional, scattered with little touches of romantic style.  I am always attracted to items that have roses.  Nothing says romantic style like roses, lace, and pastels.  Come with me as I show you how I have used these in our home. 


 The roses on this platter are so delicate.
 I love using old keys in decor.

  More roses.

Lovely crocheted lace tablecloth.

Lace, roses, and old sewing drawers.

 Cloches, candles and birds make an interesting vignette.

Lace added to old bottles along with old jewelry.

Old wooden boxes add a rustic touch.


Live flowers can lighten up any space.





 This urn is embossed with roses.


Love the addition of old clocks to a dresser top vignette.


How do you mix decorating styles?  Do you like roses and lace scattered through your decor?  


Please join these great parties:

Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff 
Bouquet of Talent @ Life on Lakeshore Drive
Share It One More Time @ One More Time Events