Sunday, May 5, 2013

Vintage Treasures for the Vanity

Today I am sharing a sweet vintage footed powder tin I found in a local shop. (at least that is what the tag implied).  It is showing its age, but that's o.k. because so am I!  :)  



Isn't it a pretty color?  The picture on top is of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC.  It is not marked, and doesn't have a date, but I assume it was probably a souvenier.  It looks as if it would have actually held only a puff.  I have been unable to find out anything about it, so if you know about it, please let me know.


This is how the inside looks, very shallow and may hold only a puff.


It was only $2.50!!

Here is another little treasure for the vanity found at the same shop.


This is porcelain with gold trim, and has no markings, but strongly resembles an Irice I found online.  If it is, it is worth much more than I paid for it.  It holds three tubes of lipstick, or could be used to hold makeup brushes.  I haven't tried, but it might make a cute pen holder on a desk too.

$4.00


Those are my weekend finds. It rained so much I didn't venture out like I wanted to.   Did you find any new/old treasures this weekend?

Please join me at:
 Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Make the Scene Mondays @ Alderberry Hill
Masterpiece Mondays @ Boogie Board Cottage
Cowgirl Up Tuesdays@ Cedar Hill Ranch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays @ Our Delightful Home
Tuesday’s Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Inspire Me @ A Stroll Thru Life


Adsense Ad