A Quilt, A Vanity Tray, and A Bouquet

Hubby and I have worked so hard the last few days, cleaning out the basement, and trying to clean the floors.  When the home was built in 2000, for some reason a lot of red mud was ground into the concrete floors.  Then for a number of years, I just didn't worry too much about it because it's only used for storage of mowers, garden tools, and the usual "junk" that gets stored there... not the least of which is all my decorating items packed and stacked in bins.  We have been thinking about painting the floors, and knew we would have to clean them.  If they come clean enough though, we may not paint them.  Talk about hard work!  We were reminded that there are muscles we had forgotten about, and we move much slower now than a few years ago.

Anyway, I decided a trip to a favorite consignment store would be a reward for all the hard work. It turned out to be a good time to shop.  They had so many unique things, but I was good and only bought these three items.

First up, this sweet quilt.  It was only $24.99, and if it isn't handmade, it is a really good imitation of one.  The tag said, 'twin or full', but it is huge.  Here, it is doubled on the chaise in the sunroom.  I love the colors, and it is so soft! Handmade or not, at that price, I couldn't pass it up.


In fact, it's so soft, I had a nice nap on it this afternoon!



Next up is this sweet little treasure.  Priced at $7.99, I couldn't pass it up either. There are no markings on it, but it has a vintage vibe.  It would be great on a dresser, but I have it on the toilet tank in the guest bath.



Here's a pretty bouquet that was only $4.99.


It sits in the mud room on the bottom half of my Mother's old hoosier cabinet.

I think it looks good with the free print hanging above it.




Did you find any new treasures this weekend?  I would love to see them if you  did. Oh, we unearthed a treasure while working in the basement that I will share later this week.  

Come and visit these great linky parties for tons of inspiration:

Bouquet of Talent @ Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sunny Simple Monday @ Sunny Simple Life
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Cowgirl Up Tuesdays@ Cedar Hill Ranch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...