Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Decorating With Bottles

I love the look of altered bottles.  Whether old bottles, or new, they are easily changed and add charm to your decor.  Here are some that I have recently decorated.  


 L: Old bottle found on our property.  R: Syrup bottle
I used a tag on the brown bottle at first, but changed it to the lace, and heart shaped locket below.

 The syrup bottle has a piece of burlap ribbon, and my MIL's Bible bookmark attached.

Here is a vinegar bottle.  I used items from Michael's and the Dollar Tree to decorate it, and tied a piece of lace around it.

Bottle below, purchased at HL.  Raffia and a key decorate it.

The green bottle is also from HL, an old key is tied on with twine.

Here is an old vinegar/oil bottle wrapped with french ribbon, lace, twine and a button.

Another oil/vinegar bottle with a graphic label, twine and button, and a lace ribbon.

This is a simple, easy project, and very low cost.  I only bought two of the bottles, at $1.50 each.  

Below are some of the bottles from Pinterest, that I used for inspiration.
Altered bottles
(source)  (no name/Pinterest)

Altered bottle
(source)  Yitte

Altered Bottle
(source) The Rustic Victorian

altered bottles By: Suzanneduda
(source) (Suzanne Dooda)

This is a good way to use those small bits and bobs you have in your crafting stash.

I will be sharing at:

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

Adsense Ad