We started by removing the screen! We had not cleaned it this year, so it was really dirty. Pollen, dust, and smoke had gotten the best of it! There were a few holes in it, so we trashed the entire lot!
Here it is without the screen.
We don't have steps going off the porch, so to keep from tracking through the house with all the dirty furniture and screen, I handed the chairs down to my husband who was on the step ladder below.
We finally got everything off, except the table, which I knew we would really need. (plus, it was too heavy to lift and hand over the railing)!
Hubby got the pressure washer going, and handed the wand up to me to pressure wash the area. After a good wash, we were ready to let it dry overnight.
Wednesday morning, we got ready to water seal. Hubby placed a large tarp beneath the deck to prevent water sealer from dripping down and staining the concrete below. I taped off all the metal framing that holds the screen. After a while we were ready to start water sealing. I sealed the railing while hubby "cut in" around the edge of the porch. Then I rolled the sealer on the remainder of the floor. Hubby climbed the ladder and got the outside of the railing, and the front board. What a job!!
We had planned to try to replace the screen ourselves, but decided that we were so tired, and have never done that, so we called the gentleman who enclosed the porch in the first place. Luckily, he came over today and replaced the screen. It looks fabulous!
You know, this facelift called for some "pretty"!! We made another run to Lowe's where I purchased spray paint called Leafy Rise, a Valspar paint sample (Blue Spruce), and matching cushions for all the seating. FINALLY!!
One of my favorite items in this entire makeover is a short ladder. We've had this small ladder for a number of years. I think the hubby already had it when we married. It was a little messy looking, so I used part of the Valspar sample to give it a makeover. (Blue Spruce)
The spray paint I purchased was for the two hunter green chairs. I wanted a turquoise color, but was not able to find the color I wanted, so I bought Rustoleum Leafy Rise spray paint and primer in one. I am well pleased with the color, and think it blends pretty well with the new cushions.
All we have left to do on this makeover is screen underneath the porch. This will keep bugs, etc., from getting inside. We have to do that here in the South, especially living in the country like we do.
I am excited to get to start enjoying our "new" space.