Monday, July 15, 2013

Framed Collage Craft

While browsing the antique store the other day, I saw this oval frame collage.


I couldn't find a price on it, but knew that I could make my own out of items I already had.  I gathered some foam board, and various papers and embellishments together and proceeded to create my own framed collage.  I laid the frame down on the foam board, drew around the inside of the frame, and used a utility knife to cut out the foam board.

Next, I just started placing bits and pieces of the items I had gathered together into the frame.



Below is my finished project.  I used more color than the inspiration piece.  I have used these strips with musical notes on them for several crafts.  I made them by printing sheet music off the computer, and cutting it into strips.  Some of the fowers are Wallies, and the daisies are embellishments from Michael's.   The letters spelling FLEURS are also from Michael's.



I bought the frame at a yard sale last summer for very little, and painted it white.



I hung the collage in the guest bath.


This craft cost very little.  I would estimate having maybe two or three dollars in it, counting the items bought at Michaels.  I already had all the items on hand.  This craft would be fun for children.  

I will join the following parties:

Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life