You can see from the inside, how roughly built it is.
Imagine the outside, looking the same, but with polyurathene.
Well of course it had to have a paint job, so I used some old ceiling flat white that I had on hand as the first coat.
It did a good job of covering.
Yesterday, I decided to put a fabric scrap I also had on hand, inside the box to cover the wood.
The fabric has been in my stash for a couple years.
I used this stapler to attach the fabric to the wood.
I covered the inside, and the inside of the lid.
I used left over paint to paint the rim, Valspar Blue Spruce (sample) from Lowe's.
I painted the latch with a copper colored acrylic paint.
I attempted to place a graphic on the front, but it didn't turn out well, so I nixed that.
I stenciled a fleur de lis on the top, using the same blue spruce paint sample.
When through, I sanded it to distress it a little.
Right now, it is in my office holding paper, and printing supplies.
(notice the latch is off-center)
It will probably move around a bit before I settle on what it's used for.
I love taking old things and repurposing them to something useful.
I'll be sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Thanks so much for hosting, ladies!!
Be sure to go by and see the makeovers!