Sunday, July 21, 2013

Simple Changes for a Shabby Sun Room


I use pastels in the sunroom.  The furniture is all white, and I mainly use pink and green, but have added some blues/aqua as well.  The dark hunter green cushions in the chaise lounge just wasn't cutting it.  I had run across a very old sheet the other day.  So I cut it into one large piece, and one small, wrapped the cushions with it, and pinned it on. One day when I feel especially industrious, I will cut to fit, and sew it into slip covers for the cushions.  Anyway, the lightened up version looks like this.


(BEFORE) with hunter green.





You can tell by the wrinkles that I had to "try it out"!


I recently dragged out these old sheers with the pink and green embroideried flowers and hung them in the sun room.


The crocheted table cloth was a $15.00 Queen of Hearts find a while ago!



You can make a quick change by using old linens to update cushions, etc.  I like the difference this made in this room.  No more hunter green!!   UGH, except for the mat in this picture.  Gotta change that too.  

P.S.:  Changed the mat.....flipped it over to the white side, viola!  New look for the picture!



Now the mat and frame on the large picture, match those of the small picture!!
(Picture above is a gift from my sweet friend, Sheila).
 Much, much better!


I significantly changed the look of this room without spending a nickel!
Y'all know how happy that makes me!

Sharing here:

Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker on a Dime


Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple 
 
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House

Cowgirl Up Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 

Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home

Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life