Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thrifty Candlestick Makeover

I bought this trio of candlesticks a number of years ago at Kirkland's, and have had them on display somewhere in the house ever since.


I've enjoyed them in bronze with the slight white-washed effect, but decided they could stand a makeover.  Out came my Lowe's sample paint in white.  


I brushed on three coats of paint.




I placed them on the dresser in the master bedroom, where they are reflected in the mirror.



I decided they needed a little bling, and used small jute string to tie charms on them.





Two of the charms are angels, and one is a cross.


I'm sure I will enjoy the change. I really like the white candles with the white candlesticks.  
A nice change, no money spent!  My kind of decorating!!

Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You 

Junk Party @ 
Funky Junk Interiors

Bouquet of Talent @ Life on Lakeshore Drive

Share It One More Time @ One More Time Events