Thursday, August 22, 2013

Brighten the Corner

I bought this lamp several years ago.  It really doesn't put out a lot of light.  It requires the tiny based chandy bulb, the inside of the shade is gold, and the outside black, so it really is no more than a night light.  It has sat in the guest bath for some time, seldom ever used.  

So I just grabbed it up with the intention of covering the shade in something to cover the black.

I purchased these scented drawer liners at the consignment shop for $2.99, and decided to use a sheet to cover the lamp shade.


Isn't the box pretty?

I simply wrapped the paper around the shade, and cut the paper so that I could fold the edges under and glue them around the top and bottom of the shade. Doesn't this paper look like silky fabric?

It turned out pretty good, but the floral design didn't match the yellow Victorian boot base.  Out comes the Annie Sloan Louis Blue for a quick fix. 


I think it is a cute change. 

Nice change, and I can always change the shade and the color of the base. 
 It sure brightens this corner!

If you have a lamp that needs an update, try paper and leftover paint for a simple, thrifty makeover.

Sharing here:


Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home 
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove