Finally Right...maybe?

A short time ago, I bought this old Home Interior picture at a consignment shop. I liked the picture itself, and the arched frame.  I did not especially like the color of the frame.


After a few weeks, I painted the frame in ASCP, Louis Blue.  I thought this would bring out the blue on the flower pots in the print, but it didn't as much as I wanted.


I shabbied it up some, and lived with that for a few days.  Still, not right!

Last night, I decided to change it, yet again!  I taped off the glass, and painted the entire frame white.  Then I used gold Rub 'n Buff to highlight the rope-like trim on the frame.  


Now, the frame is too white for the mat!  Ok, I'll take the back off the picture and flip the mat over.  I've done that on several pictures where the mat wasn't the color I wanted.


I took the picture apart, only to find that the mat and picture were made together. There is an actual mat, but the picture was somehow glued on to the mat.  I decided, I would just paint the mat to match the frame, using the same sample paint.

The original mat looked really dingy, once the white paint started going on.


Wow, what a difference!!  I already like it tons better!

I cleaned the glass, and reassembled the picture, and back to the powder room.


Whatcha think?





What an improvement!!  



I am now happy with this picture!  It looks fresh, and I think the bit of gold sets it off perfectly.  Have you ever painted a mat?  Remember, it's a very quick and easy fix when you don't like the one you have, or if it looks dingy.  I think my thrifty find looks like a million bucks!!

Sharing with these lovely ladies:

Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home 

Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage


Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground 


Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors


Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff






Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...