Little Changes in the Powder Room

Our powder room is on the left as you come into the foyer, so I try to keep it looking neat and clean all the time.  I found this sweet sign several years ago at a consignment shop, and have really enjoyed it.  It hangs on the door to the powder room.



I recently bought this picture which ended up in the powder room.  


A reader told me it is an old Home Interiors picture.  I like the shape of the frame, but not the color so much.  I decided to paint the outer part of the frame in ASCP, Louis Blue because I have trimmed a table in the room in that color.  


I taped off the frame between the green and white parts with painter's tape. Next I painted it in Louis Blue.


Next,  I distressed it with a sanding block so that some of the green would show.



The blue frame brings out the blue in the flower pots in the painting.  I hung it above the little white table that I added the blue edge and fleur de list to recently.  Then I decided to paint the lamp.  I've had this lamp for years (consignment), and the shade although originally darker, just looked dingy near all the white. 




Below is the shade with one coat of Birchwood White (Valspar Sample).  


The lamp base received a thick coat of the same color.


I then sanded off some of the paint with a sanding block.  


Here is the lamp after the makeover.






When I bought this mirror, it was black.  I painted it with Annie Sloan Olde White, distressed it, and added dark wax.


This is probably my favorite light fixture in my whole house.  I love the detail on the mirror too.



The window treatment is a table topper, simply draped over a tension rod.  


The greenery in this trio of pots is from Dollar Tree.  I bought the pots and stand at a consignment shop, and the pots of greenery fit them exactly.


These sconces and cherubs were purchased at a wonderful gift shop near my home.  I've had them probably over 10 years.


Hope you enjoyed seeing the powder room again.  

What have you changed with paint recently?

Joining these great parties:

Many thanks for hosting, ladies!!

Popular Posts