Updating Thrifty Finds

I found these items for almost nothing at a new consignment shop nearby.  





I spent around $7.00 for all four pieces.  I thought the frames on the two pictures were worth that amount.

This is how I updated them.  Of course the update included paint.



I used white acryllic paint on the frames, then highlighted the corners with gold Rub 'n Buff.  

On the two ceramic pieces, I again used acryllic paint to just brighten them, since they looked faded to me.









The makeovers cost nothing since I already had the paints left from other projects.  I like the updates.  What have you updatd recently?

Sharing here:

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 


Show & Share @ Southern Lovely 



Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage







Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...