Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vignette for Side Table

If you follow Debra at Common Ground you know what gorgeous vignettes she creates.  The one she currently has on her sideboard is just beautiful. You can see it here.  I love the muted colors with just a slight hint of Autumn, so I decided to create a version of it on the side table in my dining room.  Granted, my table is not as big, and I don't have a lovely old window as a backdrop, but I gathered similar items together and came up with this. It isn't as pretty to me as Debra's, but it too gives a nod to Autumn.  



I didn't have room for a tureen, so I left that out, and I only had two bread boards.  My basket was blue, but I quickly spray painted it white for this vignette. I used a napkin I found at a consignment shop & velcroed into the lid of the basket where Debra used a tray.  With this napkin, I was able to get the golden colors.  


I had similar plate stands, a cloche, some faux hydrangeas, so the similarity continues.  For the dishes, I simply reached in the cupboard and pulled out these with the fruit border.  They were a consignment find.  In fact, everything you see in the actual vignette is either something I created or bought on consignment.  I won the banner from Design Til It Shines in a recent giveaway.






I placed some silverware in a colorful pitcher inside the basket



So, there you have my version of Debra's gorgeous side board.  Not the same, but similar.  They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Don't know about that, but I know when I like something enough to imitate it, I really like it! Thanks Debra for the inspiration and for doing the hard part!  


P.S.  Monday Morning:  Of course, I've changed this vignette some this morning.  I decided it needed a small lamp, and I added a white bird to the mix. I turned the bread boards on the vertical, and flipped the small one to the side with the design. I also moved the banner to the guest room.  This is the area now.





Please visit these great parties:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Creative Bloggers Party Hop @ Homemaker on a Dime
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm 

Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict