Crafty Pumpkin

Last year, I made a pumpkin from a piece of dryer vent hose.  That post was popular, and I received a couple of features from it.  It was a little worse for the wear, having been in one of my "Autumn" bins in the basement.  It had come apart where the two ends were connected.

 

Here it is on the post from last year.

I decided I needed to refurbish it and use it again this year.  First, I had to reattach the ends so it would be round again. I did this by using painter's tape.  Then I gave it a fresh coat of white spray paint, reinserted the stem, (wrapping paper spool, wrapped in jute string) and added some leaves and yellow flowers.


Cute, huh??


Then I placed it on this white urn,

and placed the urn on the Hoosier cabinet in the mud room.

It reminds me of a topiary.



These are so simple to make, and could be painted any color you'd like.  Easy, easy craft!

Sharing here:



Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...