Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fabulous Frugal Finds

I just couldn't wait to show you the items I found yesterday!  There is a FB page advertising shopping deals in our area.  Yesterday's ad was about a 'junkin' store' really close to my house, maybe 5 miles.  It's on a road I seldom travel, so I had not seen or heard about it. Well, needless to say, within a few minutes of finding out about this treasure source, I was on my way!  I was not disappointed!  It is fabulous.  It is housed in an old school house and it is FULL of treasures!!  The owner told me they had been there since October of last year!  Dang, I've got to broaden my horizons...get out more!  Anyway, they haven't seen the last of me.

Now, on to the wonderful items I purchased.  I took pictures of these two items from every angle.  So I'm going to flood you with pictures now, because they are so pretty!!

First up is this wonderful candelabra.  I think it would be pretty hanging, but for now it is sitting in my entry.  I love the rust color.  I will buy votives for it, but for the photos, it is holding tea lights.

I set the pumpkin on a pedestal in the center.

If I get tired of the rusty color, it would look great dry brushed with white.
That won't be for a while, though.

 This is the view from above.



I just love the shape and uniqueness of this piece.  $12.95

My favorite find though is this luscious turquoise frame!

The color and distressing is perfection!!
 I am going to have lots of fun with this!!!

Guess how much this beauty was???

$20.00!!!
Can you believe it?!?


I was so excited to find this! The frames I've seen recently have been much more expensive, and weren't painted in this yummy color!  This one is sturdy, well-constructed, and a wonderful size.


Look how the candlestick I recently painted looks in the vignette!
I have another candlestick that I'm going to paint to go with the frame.



This just makes me happy!  I have been adding turquoise/aqua into the sun room, and I'm loving how this blends in.  

Hope you find some fabulous treasures!

I'll be sharing at:
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ 
Common Ground 
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
 


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels