Fall Decor in the Family Room

This table is always fun to decorate for any occasion.  I kept it simple, and understated.  I removed the bird and flower pot that were in this metal cloche, added a fabric pumpkin, set it in a berry ring of rust colors, and tied on a rust colored raffia bow.


Simplicity.....

Just a touch of Autumn color.

The coffee table vignette is also simple.


Here a whitewashed tray holds faux plants, a white bowl of autumnal potpourri, and a green ceramic pumpkin on a metal pedestal.  The coffee table has inset tiles in greens, so keeping this vignette simple, and using only greens, browns and whites, gives it an understated elegance.

 



This lined willow basket was a $10.00 find at Wal Mart.  It is filled with 3 bushes of Fall florals, @ $3.00 each.  I like the textures against the smooth marble of the hearth.


In this view, you can see the feathers, cattails, pine cones, grasses, and colorful leaves of the florals.  These are very nice bushes, and I love the mixture of items.




That is it for the family room for now.  I'm sure it will get tweaked from time to time, but I really am keeping things simple this year.

Be sure to check back to see other decor throughout our home in the days to come.  

Your comments are most welcome!

Linking here:

Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You 

Junk Party @ 
Funky Junk Interiors
   
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff

























A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...