Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Fall Mantel & Hearth

I'm not going to do so much decorating this fall.  In fact, I think I finished it today.  I'll show you the mantel, which I kept really simple.

I simply filled the 'gate' with fall flowers, added the shutters, and two small white pumpkin candles, and called it done.  I did go back and add 2 silver candle sticks to elevate the pumpkin candles so they would show up better.



On the hearth I added leaves, flowers, and feathers to the two vases, wrapped some burlap around the vases, and tied it with jute string.  I did this to tone down the green of the vases.


So there you have my simple mantel and hearth, all ready for Autumn! 


Now I need your advice, please.
In the photo below, I have removed the vases from the hearth and placed one on each side of the door in the foyer....
 one at each side light. 
Question:  vases on the hearth or in the foyer?
I'd love your opinion.


Have you started decorating for Fall?  Are you going simple or extravagant?  I'm enjoying simple.  Don't forget to give me your feedback on the vases!  Thanks!!  I'll be sharing more Fall decor in the next few days so check back.

Joining these fun parties:
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Sept. 24: Linked to It's Fall Y'all at Thrifty Decor Chick