Monday, September 2, 2013

Thrifty Fall Decor

I gave in to my urges today, and went to a favorite consignment shop.  Now, granted, I have LOTS of Autumn Decor, so I had made up my mind that I would really need to like something to buy it.  Wouldn't you know it, the very first thing I saw when I walked in the door was this wonderful Fall spray for, ONLY $3.99!!


Isn't it gorgeous?  I couldn't believe the price.

I love the soft golden colors.
Anyway you look at it, this is a wonderful piece!!



I think this is the perfect spot for it with the apple prints above.  This was my mother's pie cupboard, and sits in the breakfast nook.

Next I found this wonderful runner for $7.99.


It has this same Farm house graphic on both ends.


My next find was a sweet chicken wire basket with a burlap liner. ($6.99)


I took parts from 2 arrangements, and combined them for the arrangement in the basket, and tied a piece of raffia around it.  It sits on the runner.


The basis of this arrangement was a Good Will find from a few years ago.  I used that container, added the gold hydrangeas, some berries, and placed it inside the wire basket on the breakfast table. The fruits of the arrangement work well with those in the spray.


I am very pleased with the way these pieces coordinate.  My total for all these sweet finds, $20.30!!  

Since I had some 'new to me' pretties, I went ahead and did this much toward my fall decor.  

Then on a trip through the basement, I grabbed the burlap wreath and some orange mums, and dressed the wreath for Fall.  It's hanging in the dining room.


So, I still have lots to do to finish decorating for Fall, but I will probably do some more this week.  Have you started adding a few Fall colors to your home?

 I'll be sharing at these great parties:
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Inspire Me at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
The Scoop Hop at  Confessions of a Plate Addict
Home(work) Wednesday @ The Everyday Home
Ladies, thanks so much for hosting!!