Saturday, October 5, 2013

Adding Fall Color to an Old Vase

Imagine this hurricaine (below) with vanilla colored flowers, that were just..... blah! They blended into the ribbon and gave no visual interest at all, so this piece has seldom been worked into displays. Enter, acryllic craft paints.




I mixed together a small amount each of orange and brown and created this wonderful rusty color that I proceeded to brush on the petals. Then I dabbed some gold leaf on to the tips of the flowers. I added rocks and beads from my stash to the inside to give height to my brown candle. The burgundy colored leaves encircling the hurricaine were already on the piece, underneath the ribbon. 

I like that a little paint gave this piece more presence in the coffee table vignette.  The terra cotta pot and the colors of the potpourri compliment the new flower colors.  So, if you have something similar that you want to update to create a tray vignette like this, just dab some paint on it!  Give it some Fall color and enjoy your new creation.



Sharing here:

Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing 
Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn 
Link Party Palooza @ I Heart Nap Time
Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party @ I Love Nap Time 
Party Time @ Three Mango Seeds