Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall Tweaks

I've had some 'me' time the last week and a half, so that naturally called for some tweaks to my Fall decor.    :-)

I'll start with the change I made to the mantel.  I love the frame here.  I added the wire bird cloche.




 Love the added texture of the cloche.






I love how colorful the decor is against the white of the mantel.

I made a slight change on the dining room table.  I had picked up a couple fabric remnants at HL last week.  One piece was perfect to make a runner for the table.  I had previously used a scarf.  I didn't have to do a thing to this remnant, except hem it all the way around.  I did this with the sewing machine in a matter of minutes.  So now I have a new runner for around $2.00 that I paid for the remnant.  I like how it matches the leather of the chairs.






In the above picture, you can see the brown chairs in the background.


Below you can see what I did with the other remnant.  I made a fabric pumpkin from part of it. (left)
 I actually used the 'wrong' side of this fabric to give the pumpkin more texture.


I cut part of this fabric remnant to make the backs for pillows made from placemats I bought at DT.  


(Placemat)

(fabric remnant, used for back)

 Here are the pillows.


So these are some of the things I've been doing.

Are you still tweaking your Fall decor?

Sharing here:

Home Party @ Rose Chintz Cottage
          Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
                 Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life        
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
              Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
          Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
            Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
         Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels