Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Crafting With Burlap

Recently I've been a crafting fiend!  I've been making rosettes from all kinds of fabric.  Today, I made them from burlap ribbon and garland.  Fun, fun!!  I'm going to show you a few things I've been working on.

I showed these rosettes last week.  They can be used for all kinds of things. They can be used as embellishments on necklaces, made into pins, attached to headbands or clips for your hair.  I'm using them to embellish my lamp shades and other items.  Below you see one that I pinned onto this fabric lamp shade. I like the way the colors work together.



I watched several You Tube tutorials, and finally came up with my version of burlap rosettes.  I really do like those too.  Below I have attached one to this lampshade with French script.



Here another French script lampshade got a fabric rosette, as did this welcome sign.


They can be attached to baskets....

......and candles


Look at this little treasure I made.  I wrapped a styrofoam cone with turquoise burlap garland, glued on with hot glue, then added this adorable ornament.  I actually made two of these.  They are standing on tarnished silver candle sticks.

Below you can see both trees, the embellished lampshade, and the burlap wreath I made a couple years ago, with the burlap roses I made today, attached.


This may be my all time favorite vignette!!  I love the look of this!






In addition to creating burlap items, I made my granddaughter 2 no-sew scarves.
I simply glued fur to this pink felt.

For the one below, I just braided it by pulling loops thru loops.

The materials for both scarves was $2.00, and took about 5 minutes.

I started a couple more projects that I'll show later.
Do you love making decorative pieces from burlap and fabric?  Do you have ideas you would like to share?

I'm joining in here:

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 
Share It One More Time @ One More Time Events
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Whimsy Wednesdays @ Simply Design
Home @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Home & Garden @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Cup @ Have a Daily Cup of Ms. Olson
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground 
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush