Tuesday, November 5, 2013

More Frugal Thanksgiving Decor

I found this turkey gravy boat on the 75% off shelf at Kirkland's yesterday for $1.99.  Of course, it won't be used for gravy, but for decorating!!  So here it is on a table in the living room.




To brighten it up, I simply placed a twig pumpkin on it.  



I bought a package of paper napkins at Wal Mart.  I loved the turkey on them, and of course the traditional Fall colors.  I like this photo because you can see the lamps glowing in the distance.


A "turkey" napkin was placed on each place setting to help transition to Thanksgiving.  Simple, inexpensive, and effective.


To complete the Thanksgiving decor, I made a simple banner, 
"Be Thankful".

These leaves were left from a package I bought at DG.  I simply stenciled the letters on to the leaves.  I used a whole punch to make a hole at the top of each leaf, then tied them to a piece of jute string.  I then clipped some small clothespins along them too.



I am calling it "done".

Have you transitioned your decor from Halloween to Thanksgiving?

Sharing at these fun parties:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm