Turkeys in the House & More Painting with Acrylics

Today, I put away the jack-o-lanterns, and brought out the turkeys.  I added two small ones to the mantel, along with some items out of some Fall potpourri for some texture.  Those were the only changes to the mantel to transition right into Thanksgiving.  Simple and easy!







Fall under a cloche.

I love the scent and the brown color of this Wal Mart candle, Rustic Retreat.

The side table in the dining room got a couple of changes to bring it into turkey season.  :)  I brought out the colorful turkey platter and placed it on the side table......



along with that, I turned the old yellow wooden box on its side, and added items to it.







 I propped this wood sign on top of the box, and added the twig pumpkin.



Layered vignette




Here are the art pieces I am currently working on.
 On the one below, I used a pallette knife to give the blue background texture.  This was the first time I have tried that.  I am pleased with how this turned out.


Cotton bolls

The one below keeps getting additional work.  It's supposed to look like an old mailbox that has weathered with peeling paint and a little rust, on an old post  leaning from years of use.  

Country Mailbox

Still a work in progress. 
Sun setting in the Mountains


Sharing with:

Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 
Sunday Show Off Linky Party @ Twigg Studios
DIY Sunday Showcase Linky Party @ VMG206
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 
Home & Hearth @ One More Time Events
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...