Monday, November 11, 2013

Using Different Textures in Vignettes

Today, I want to share a couple of my current favorite vignettes here at Shadymont.

This first one says Fall, but can be used anytime too, because it doesn't include the traditional Autumn colors.

Lots of textures are found in this vignette.  First there is the wood of the table, then the white doily.  Next is the tarnished silver tray which holds the white pitcher with the fretwork.  The grouse is ceramic, and the vase holding the potpourri is metal.  The dried hydrangea brings in a natural element, as do the potpourri contents, which includes, nuts, cinnamon sticks, and various other natural pieces. 
  
Using textural items creates interest.


In this wider shot (below) you can see how all the elements work in the area.

In this vignette, I have used the traditional Fall colors, but grounded them with white so they are not overwhelming.

This display sits on the book case in the family room, and directly above it on the next shelf, I have another one.  You can see it in the photo below. 



They play off each other because of the cupids, and the white I've used in both.  Here, again, are lots of textures, feathers, burlap, silk, glass, wood, etc.




,

I love this shot (above) because it includes the picture of an old home that looks like my grandmother's old home place.  

I hope you enjoyed seeing the different ways I use textures in my decorating.  
I'll be sharing here:

Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm