Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Bit of Sparkle on the Breakfast Bar

Back in March, I found a wooden pedestal bowl at a small thrift shop.  Of course it got a coat of white chalk paint, and a graphic on the inside.



It has been on my breakfast bar for some time, filled with faux grapes.  I decided to use it in my Christmas decor.  So this is what I did.

I placed a 50 light string of clear lights inside it, laid some faux sugar coated grape/vines inside, added a couple of creamy ornaments, and a white and gold ribbon bow, and here is how it is adding some sparkle to this area.

Isn't it fun to dress up everyday items for the holidays?

(I was having fun editing with PicMonkey.  Love their features).


Something so simple can have a fabulous impact in our decor.


Try some unusual ways to bring glitter and glam to your decor. I had all of this on hand, and didn't spend any money at all on this and I'm loving this little bit of glitz!!

Joining:
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com 
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels