Saturday, December 7, 2013

Spiffing Up the Mantel

My last post was all about the fact that I've been tweaking/changing my Christmas decor.  ALREADY!!  Well, I decided to do a little "fill-in" on the mantel.  It just looked too sparse.  (I don't know why the mirror photographs this way).


Just needed to "up the ante" a little!  I had my husband bring my lighted garland up from the basement, and I did a little addition.



I had just enough of the peacock feather ribbon left to run through the greenery.

My turquoise ornaments from the consignment shop worked perfectly.


Now isn't that better?

So much for keeping things more minimal!!

Much better. 

I think this looks more elegant than the original.

So, no more pretending I can be a minimalist, 'cause I CAN'T !!



I hope you'll join me for these fun parties:




  Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday Show Off Linky Party @ Twigg Studios
DIY Sunday Showcase Linky Party @ VMG206
Seasonal Sundays The Tablescaper

Adsense Ad