Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tweaking Christmas Decor

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to 'tweak' my Christmas decor.  You see, I had declared myself "through"!!  When I said that, my husband laughed and said he knew that wasn't true, that I would keep decorating.  As is often the case, he was right.  I didn't put more decor out (not much, anyway), but started re-doing what I had already done.  I'm happy to report that it does look better. I'll show you some of my changes.

I had originally set up a nativity set on the entry table, with my shutters, and burlap as the barn roof.


It was o.k., but it didn't look like I wanted.

So, I switched it out, and did this:

I flipped the shutters around to the white side, moved my favorite candlestick to it, added a red candle, white ribbon, and ornament that reads "Welcome Friends", and added trees, as well as the Christmas table cloth.



Sooooo much better!!  It sure brightened up the space, and looks cleaner.


I switched out the centerpiece on the breakfast table.

BEFORE

AFTER

I filled this vintage "Gordon's" Potato Chip jar with ornaments and pine cones, and I love it!!  

I decorated the top of the pie safe by switching the runner from the table to it. 



I decorated the white picture frame by tying a bow on it and adding the front of a Christmas card from last year.

This sweet metal container is a favorite consignment find.  I filled it with red and green and this sparkly DT deer.

I made a bow from this pretty ribbon and attached it to the wooden trug.

I added this sweet nativity to the table in the living room.  It was a gift from my daughter many years ago.

 I found this Christmas subway art somewhere online, printed it and framed it.  I brought out this sweet angel.  She's wood, and was purchased in the garden center at WM several years ago.

The huge faux pine cone was brown, but it got a dry brush of white craft paint, and sits on a pedestal with this DT bird.  I don't remember where I got the paper mache deer, but he's been with me for many Christmases.  The runner was purchased at a Santa sale my daughter held a couple years ago.

This sign was found at Dollar General some years ago.




This quilted piece found a spot on the wicker chair in the sun room.

Next time, I'll show you what I did in the Master bed room.

I'm not going to say I'm through, but I think I am!  :)  Until a light bulb goes off, and I get started again!!
l
Sharing with:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 
 Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life        
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home           
        Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground


Adsense Ad