Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Desk For My Granddaughter


My sweet granddaughter, Rheagan, 7, loves art. She loves to draw, paint, color.  She loves doing crafts.  She had a small school type desk that I bought her for Christmas, but had outgrown it.  In order to give her a nice desk for her crafting, homework, and art work, I took an old typing desk that I had bought for her Mom when she was a tween, and painted it for Rheagan.

Her Mom and I decided on a creamy yellow.  So I bought the paint at Lowe's and got busy so I could have it ready for her for Christmas.

As usual, I failed to take a photo of the desk 'before', but imagine it with a light walnut veneer look.  

I sanded it down to bare wood, put on two coats of primer, and several coats of paint. I don't have a photo, but the drawer is lined with pink polka dot paper.  I wanted to put a pretty knob on the drawer, but this one could not be removed.  It is somehow made to the drawer, no screw!

Here is the after.


I found this chair for her at a favorite store.  It is so pretty, and the true color is a darker aqua than it appears in this photo.

I love the fabric on the seat, and the carved back and the front legs are so pretty.
True color.

Aren't the legs beautiful?

I got this beauty for less than $40.00!!



Rheagan loves her desk, and works at it a lot!!


(My scraggly tinsel tree sitting on the desk).

I am so happy I could make this desk usable for Rheagan.  I love it with the chair.

What have you recently updated?

Sharing with:

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Fridays Unfolded @ nancherrow

Adsense Ad