Free Makeover of a Small Lamp

I've had this small crackled lamp for several years, and the shade had gotten so dirty.

See how dirty it is??

I carried this to my craft area in the basement for a makeover.  I wasn't sure what I would find to give it an update, but I had plenty of things in my "bag of stuff".

In fact, this burlap ribbon was the exact width I needed.


All I had to do was use the glue gun and glue it around the shade.

I had to gather it at the top of the shade in a couple of places.


The base of the lamp was a beige crackle finish, so I painted it a light aqua with acrylic craft paint.


I think it makes a cute addition to this tabletop vignette.

 It repeats the aqua of these vintage jars.

I've had these sweet cupids for a very long time, and still love them.

We all love old canning jars, don't we??


I like the lamp so much better with its new color base, and spiffy chevron shade.

This project took just a few minutes, and cost absolutely nothing as I already had everything.

Have you done any frugal or free makeovers recently?

Joining in these great parties:

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm



Popular Posts