Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tweaking Decor at Lake House

We are spending a few days in warmer weather, cold, but warmer than NE Georgia.  Of course this calls for tweaking the decor while I'm here.  We had not been here since early October, so the Fall decor was still out.  Once that was all put away, I added a little Winter, and a little Valentine's.

I was looking through some papers and found this old card that my MIL had.

I stuck it in a frame I already had and created this winter/valentine's vignette in an old red tool box.

I made these fabric hearts last year.
 I love this old tool box.  You will notice the price tag stuck in the lid of it.  I don't have the heart to pull it off.  This belonged to my husband's late Uncle.



I used the vintage sifter as a floral vase again, for a centerpiece on the dining table.  I added red glitter hearts.



 Here I added pink glittered hearts to this floral arrangement.



This picture of a barn in the snow came off a calendar from 2013. I liked it so much, I framed it and hung it on the wall.


So there you have my few tweaks to the decor here at the lake house.  

Sharing at these great parties:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
          Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life       
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
           Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
          Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
            Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You

Adsense Ad