Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lazy Afternoon

Do you like lazy afternoons?  I do, and today has been just that. I've visited blogs, vacuumed a couple areas in the house where I made a mess, and a did a couple of very quick makeovers.

I've had this flower arrangement for probably 6 or 7 years, found in a consignment shop for $20.00.  It's been all over my house.  But I never liked the large arrangement in the tiny vase.  So on one of my whims, they got separated.  The vase holds potpourri, and has been painted aqua!


This is the vase below.  See how top heavy the arrangement was?

I had been thinking I would make another arrangement using the flowers from this old one, since it has such nice roses, and the colors look so good.  I recently remembered a metal container that I bought a long time ago, too, and today was able to find it in my craft place in the basement.  So from that one arrangement, I crafted several "pretties".

This is the arrangement I remade in the metal container.


I like the lower profile of this arrangement much better.




It is sitting on top of the jelly cupboard in the sun room.


It might show up on my mantel when I decorate for Spring.  :)

Here is a spray I made from some of the same arrangement.


To make it, I simply gathered the flowers and stems and wrapped them with a rubber band, then wrapped a doily around that which I tied with a green ribbon I already had.  It looks lovely lying on the bookcase in the family room.

I had more greenery that I placed in a small vase but failed to take a picture of.

Then another quick project was dry painting this vase white.


It has been around for a long time too, and was green with chippy places.  I left lots of the green peeking through.  

So that is what I've done on this lazy afternoon.
What have you done for fun?

Sharing at these fun parties:

 Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Sunday Show Off Linky Party @ Twigg Studios
Share Your Creativity @ It's Overflowing

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 


Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 


Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels