Friday, February 7, 2014

Mixing Rustic and Formal Items

When I recently painted the trug blue, I knew I wanted to use it as a centerpiece in the dining room. That meant I needed to change the china on the table.  I put away the gray and pink, and set the table with blue and white American Limoges Bridal Bouquet.  Shown below.  It is a more formal china, and the silver chargers work well with it.


Since I knew the trug with dried hydrangeas was going to be the centerpiece,  I kept the tablecloth I made from a drop cloth.
I used a runner that repeats the colors of the hydrangeas, blue, green, and rust colored.



The formal china and the rustic trug makes for an unusual combination, but it is pleasing to me.



Do you use a mixture of textures in your decor?  It creates a unique look.  Maybe you will try it sometimes.
Everything shown was either gifted, bought at consignment, or made by me.

Sharing here:

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House 
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage
Thrifty Things Friday http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Thrifty Life Thursday @ Revisionary Life
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors