Old Chair Makeover for Free

This chair was bought as part of a dining room set when my first house was built, in 1976.  Early American furniture was all the rage.  Remember??




I have two of these chairs that I kept when I sold the table.   The lady who wanted them only wanted the table and 4 chairs. These chairs were very inexpensive, but have lasted 38 years!!!!

Y'all know how I love Valspar samples. I had a jar of Redwood Blue Spruce that I got free with one of those coupons that are in some magazines, so I painted one of the chairs.  I mixed some with Plaster of Paris for chalk paint, but did not like how it went on the chair once it dried.  I put a second coat on of the paint only.  Here is the chair after it was painted.


I like the change, and am using it in the guest room which has these colors.  I already had the cushion.



Hang on to those old chairs and furniture, you can give them a new color, and use them!!  I still have one chair that I will makeover soon.  Not sure what color it will be.  

Sharing here:
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephant
Before and After @ The Dedicated House
Home & Garden @ A Delightsome Life
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground 
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...