Decorating for Spring

Have you started decorating for Spring? I have played with a couple of vignettes to add spring items and colors.  One is the tray on the coffee table.

 

I used some yellow and green napkins as a soft base for the other items.  A vase with a leaf motif holds a light green candle  I added a small faux succulent, my turquoise quail, and a vintage metal powder tin. 

Another change was made on an accent table by adding a book I decorated and tied with ribbon, and placed in this old sewing drawer. 



The table in the sunroom holds a plant, bird in a cloche, a spring dish, and floral pitcher on my awning striped runner.


This vignette in the dining room shouts Spring!!  Love the pastels!!

I painted a pot of geraniums, and have it displayed above this bouquet of roses on a bookcase.  It is hanging on an old closet door that I painted and distressed.




I added this picture to the mantel, leaving the shutters there as well.

Yesterday, I painted this waterfall, my first try at painting a waterfall.


I'm still enjoying my attempts to teach myself to paint, and am starting to see some improvement.  It takes practice, especially when you are your own teacher!  :)

If you've started decorating for Spring, I'd love to see what you've done!

Sharing here:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Work It Wednesday's @ The Happy Housie
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
              




Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...