Nice Consignment Finds & A Yellow Bouquet

I had the day to myself so I left home early to hit some consignment shops, three favorites.  I've still got some to check out tomorrow or Friday.  Sometimes I like to get out all by myself and just take my time to browse through all the goodies.

I found both of the items I bought at the first stop.  I had not been there in about a year, and that shop has really changed.  At one time they were mostly furniture, but now they have more smalls.

My first find was on the clearance table for $10.00.  It needed just a little fluffing, but I knew when I saw it that I would use it on top of my china cabinet in the dining room.





I really like the metal container, and its neutral color.  So pretty on top of the cabinet.

Next up is this wonderful Frenchy rooster tray for my breakfast table.


I love the red and chippy color.  I'm using red in my breakfast area, and of course all my roosters, so this works perfectly.


I'm using it to hold the napkins and S/P.

Of course, my topsy turvy roosters got moved to the top of the pie cupboard.


I just love these fun roosters/hens.

I am seriously considering painting this cupboard white.  What do you all think?  Would you paint it or not?  I'd love your feedback.

I stopped in HL and picked up some yellow flowers and ribbon, and made a quick bouquet.  I had planned to work them into my burlap wreath, but that didn't work out.  So then I tried them on the coffee table tray, still not right.


Finally, I remembered this metal hanging thingie, and here is where it ended up.


 On the mantel!!

Love it!!

I had a wonderful time just browsing the shops, and didn't spend a boatload of money, either.

Don't forget to comment and let me know your opinion on painting the pie cupboard.

I'll be sharing at these great parties:

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Thrifty Life Thursday @ Revisionary Life
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com
Frugalicious Friday http://decormamma.blogspot.com
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage
Thrifty Things Friday http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...