Recent Frugal Finds


Today, I want to show you some recent finds, and what I did with them.  I found this iron piece probably 14 years ago but never knew what it should be used for.  I tried adding a small bowl of potpourri but it was top heavy and kept tipping over   I used it in the guest bath for a towel holder.

 
While at my favorite consignment shop, I found something to use with it!!  

This cute nest with eggs. It's not too heavy and fits perfectly! 


I think this is the cutest nest!



I also found an old faded feed sack. The label is very faded aqua, and says Southern Feeds.  I used it to cover an ottoman I added to the office. 


I just draped it over the ottoman, and tied it with jute twine.

It's not easy to see the label on the sack, but it's the perfect color for my new office color. This tray is one I painted a long while back.

I found the new rug at Home Depot.  It looks much better in the room 
It has just a touch of my new wall color and was a great price.

I bought this piece of fabric at the consignment shop for $3.50!!  

It is being used as a runner in the sun room now. I might make something from it though, like pillow covers.




My latest painting of an old farm house. 


Wax warmer from my daughter for my birthday.  Great color and scent !!!  It works perfect in my "new" office!!

Sharing here:

Home & Garden @ A Delightsome Life
Frugal Friday @ Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground 
Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You 
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal 

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...