A Quilt for the Master at Shadymont

Last week while at the lake house, we bought new quilts for the twin beds and the master.

Master at Lakehouse


Twin bed guest room at Lakehouse
I liked the way they looked there, so I started looking for one for our house here in NE GA.  

Here is the Master at Shadymont BEFORE:

AFTER:
I looked on line, but the prices were a little more than I wanted to pay. So I went to Wal Mart and looked and found this off-white/taupe one.

As you know finding any bed covering for the high mattresses/beds is not easy.  So I knew I would continue using the dust ruffle already on the bed.   For that reason,
I stayed in the same color family as with the comforter I previously had in here.



The quilt stitching is the double wedding ring design.  The quilt fits like a comforter would, except without all the puffy down in a comforter, it lays flat and neat, and has plenty of weight for the summer months.

The wall color in the photos looks pink, but it is actually classic taupe and matches the comforter just fine.

Here you can see the stitchwork.
I might change the white curtains to an off-white, or taupe.  I have to go through my stash and see what I can find.

The quilt and shams are part of the BHG line, and totaled less than $100.

Do you like to use quilts as you bed covering, or had you rather use comforters?
Sharing here:



Popular Posts