Tweak, and Tweak Again

I found these two pictures almost a year ago at a nearby consignment shop.



The price on these was around $3.50 for both.

The first thing I did was change the plastic frames to white, and use some gold Rub 'n Buff to accent the corners.




I've always liked these pictures of the women working.

MAKEOVER #1 COMPLETE

Yesterday, I decided I'd take these apart and find different pictures to go in them for the guest bath.  

When I did, I found that the original pictures must have been replaced with these (women pictures), because, these are on regular paper, and were taped behind the mat.

So once I found some pictures on line that I liked for the bath room, I decided that the mats should be painted.  They are a velvet type fabric, not card board mats as I expected.  So it took about 3 coats of latex paint (Valspar Sample), Running Stream to cover the mats, and overnight to dry enough to work with.




I chose these photos from a website (fineartamerica.com), and printed them off to fit inside the frames.


This one is a Givency.





This one is a photo by:
Garry Gay
called:

Small Rose Heart Wreath With Key






I think they look so good paired together!

So there you have MAKEOVER #2 on these frames.  I may use some gold rub N Buff on the raised portion of the mat when I have time to do so, therefore,
MAKEOVER #3  could come any day!!  :)


A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...