Tuesday, July 15, 2014

English Country Cottage Décor at the Lake House

The décor at the lakehouse, if anything is even more English Country Cottage, than that at the mountain home.



The master bedroom is a favorite.  I love the new quilt, (WM~BHG).  It was inexpensive, and has the perfect weight for this time of year.  Not too heavy.



In the twin bed room, I chose turquoise bedding.




I painted matching artwork for above each bed.


The living room has a mixture of plaid and florals.



We have lots of afghans that belonged to my MIL and my husband.  He had a neighbor that made them for him.




I have a couple of hydrangeas that I'm drying.  I read that if you put them in water, then let the water evaporate they will be softer rather than so brittle.  So I'm trying that.  Aren't they a pretty color?  Today they are more of a purple color.

 The queen size guest room carries on with the stripes and floral combination.  This room has a french furniture suite that I want to paint.  Just haven't felt like attempting it yet.  Hopefully soon!!


Here you can see part of the wall photo gallery I'm making for my husband.  I have a couple more photos I'm working on to bring down for it of his mother and grandmother.

A $4.00 DG find.  Loved the shade of blue!

 Kitchen and eating area.
So this is the lake home with most recent updates.  Hope you enjoyed the English Country look there!

Sharing with these link parties:
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 



Adsense Ad