Saturday, July 5, 2014

English Country Cottage Dining Room

My Dining Room gets changed up alot.  Sometimes I have the table all set, sometimes I don't.  Here it is set in my gray/pink china with silver chargers. Very simple, but elegant, I think.


This display is on a bookcase I use in the dining room, and reminds me of a still life.  Maybe, I'll paint this!!
 Sometimes I use the old carpenter's tool box.  It is now blue, but I liked it white also, filled with old jars and milk bottles.


Each piece in my dining room gets changed from time to time.  I always love using birds and cloches!


 Here, the china cabinet holds the white dishes, crystal, and silver.  Kinda English Cottage, don't ya think?

 Love using this urn.  It has moved all over the house.  Love this piece of pottery too, a gift from my daughter.



I love moving all the small items from place to place.  It gives a whole new look without spending money.  Do you use lots of small items?


 Here is a shot of my dining room from the hallway.



To the left of the china cabinet, I have a wooden crate turned on its end, storage for runners.  To the right is a small trunk with table cloths, etc.  The drawers of the cabinet hold runners, doilies, napkins,etc.


The vignette that I keep showing.  I've kept it out for a very long time. (Unusual for me).

The dining room has a french door to the front porch as you can see, and the front door is also just off the dining room.

Example of ENGLISH COUNTRY COTTAGE DINING ROOM FROM INTERNET:

source: English Country Cottage Interiors

My ECC Dining Room:



I think I've kept the look of ECC in my dining room.
What do you think?

Joining:


Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You 
That DIY Party @ DIY Show Off 
Sunday Show Off Linky Party @ Twigg Studios
DIY Sunday Showcase Linky Party @ VMG206

Adsense Ad