Little Blue Shutters

I am one who is glad that blues are coming back in décor. Especially since it allows me to use my blue shutters and tool box.  I decided to use the shutters on the mantel again.  For a while they have been on the entry table.

Though I've enjoyed them in the entry, I thought they would look good with the picture, vases, and the tool box on the hearth.

I bought this set of shutters in a consignment shop for only 
$10/pr. They were dark brown stained, but a little ASCP in Louis blue fixed that on one side, and white fixed the other.  They are very versatile since I can use them on the blue or white side, depending on my mood.  Everything on the mantel is a consignment find or free.  My daughter had the picture and wasn't using it so she gave it to me.

 Notice how using the shutters enhance the vases on each end of the mantel.  
 You might remember that this picture frame is a window sash from my grandmother's house that we located back in March.  We weren't sure it was still standing, but it was and this part of a window was lying in the floor, so I brought it home for a frame.  I love having it in the living room.
 The dried hydrangeas look good in the old tool box I painted blue.

 Do you use blue in your home?

I like the way the blue looks in my room, and am looking for more ways to use it.

I will be sharing my blue shutters and tool box at these parties:


Sunday's Best & Features Party @ 1929 Charmer   
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...