Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Scene in a Vintage Gordon's Jar

You've probably seen the old store counter jars that were once used in stores to hold peanuts, chips, cookies, etc.  My husband inherited one from his mother and it usually sits on a corner cabinet in the breakfast nook.  Last Christmas I sat it on the breakfast table filled with ornaments.  You can see that photo here.

This year, I decided to do something else with it.  While rambling through some old decorations, I came across a lighted house, still in it's box.  I'm sure it has been here for years, and I've never used it.

So, I put some shiny snow into the old jar, added the house, and here it is.


Of course, I had to add a bottle brush tree.


Then outside the jar, I added batting for more snow.  The snowmen/women remind me of carolers.







I have it sitting on the bookcase.
We are enjoying it this way.

Think outside the box, and add interest to your vignettes by using vintage items in new ways.

Sharing here:


Adsense Ad