Repurposing Old Doors

When our home was built in 2000, the carpenters left two unmatching closet doors in the basement.  A couple of years ago, I painted them and have used them in my décor.  The one in my last post is a little bigger than the other, and I keep it decorated all the time.



I painted it with home made chalk paint, and distressed it then used Annie Sloan Dark Wax on it too.  I have enjoyed it so much!  (photo above)

At first I painted the other, smaller door white added some wax and stenciled our street address on it and kept it on the front porch one summer, then it went back to the basement until today!!

I've searched for a photo of the door as it was, but am unable to find it, and of course when I started the latest makeover, I didn't have the camera in the basement with me.  Anyway, this is what I did to the white door with the turquoise stenciling.

First I painted the door with paint left over from our office makeover back in March, Copper Patina.  After that dried overnight, I did some measuring to place some screws into the door to hold this gate that you've seen before.

 I added just a few flowers to the gate, and of course a bird.

 A reminder that Spring will be here in a couple of months!

 It's standing in a corner of my family room.  



My favorite kind of repurpose, FREE!! I had everything, it was just a matter of putting it together!

Whatcha think?  Cute??

PS:  Saturday morning:  Well guys, as shocking as it is, I've already moved the door to the sun room.   :)   I have lots of aqua colored items in there, and decided it would blend in so much better.    Here it is in there.





Sharing at these link parties:

Party Junk at Funky Junk Interiors
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Before and After @ Thrifty Decor Chick


A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...